Friday, October 3, 2014

Reaction from week 4 (aka, the Ouch week)

So yeah.....that didn't go nearly as well as I had hoped. Donald Brown did absolutely nothing for the Chargers offense against the jags. And if you don't do anything against them....what hope do you have when playing against other teams? He was the biggest single disappointment of the week, second only to me knowing I should have gotten Tollaferro and I passed because he wasn't the "sexy" pick and I knew better!

On the bright side, I didn't have a chance against the other team anyway, I just didn't have anybody healthy enough to perform for me. And the other bright side, I'm sticking it to everyone that didn't pick Cutler in the first half of the draft. In fact, I think I was the last person to take a starting QB this year. Maybe I should have taken Luck instead of V-Jax in the early part of the draft, but that's like saying I should have made that trade of AP for Forte and known something was going to happen to AP.

So while this was the worst week for me in terms of both points scoring and point differential, I'm still having fun trying to play against my family in this league. While i technically also have a yahoo league, that is totally on the back burner while I focus on the family league on ESPN.

And when I say ugly, I mean ugly...this is what the final box score looked like:

SLOTPLAYER, TEAM POSOPPSTATUS ETPTS
QBJay Cutler, Chi QB L 17-3816
RBRashad Jennings, NYG RB W 45-145
RBDonald Brown, SD RB W 33-144
WRBrandon Marshall, Chi WR  P L 17-387
WRAlshon Jeffery, Chi WR L 17-3810
TEMartellus Bennett, Chi TE L 17-3813
FLEXMarques Colston, NO WR L 17-385
D/STLions D/ST D/ST W 24-177
KShaun Suisham, Pit K L 24-275
72




STARTERS
SLOTPLAYER, TEAM POSOPPSTATUS ETPTS
QBAndrew Luck, Ind QB W 41-1729
RBJamaal Charles, KC RB  P W 41-1428
RBTrent Richardson, Ind RB W 41-1715
WRJordy Nelson, GB WR W 38-1722
WRJeremy Maclin, Phi WR  P L 21-265
TETravis Kelce, KC TE W 41-1415
FLEXGreg Jennings, Min WR W 41-287
D/STPanthers D/ST D/ST L 10-38-8
KJustin Tucker, Bal K W 38-107
120



(If you have any issues seeing the final score, I scored 72 while the other team scored 120)
So there...I even caught a break with my opp D/ST doing -8 in points, I still couldnt catch any real luck in the matchup. I really didnt have a chance so i never really cared about this matchup after the morning games, which allowed me to fool around and not worry other stuff in life.




So apologies about the late post, my wife had surgery this morning and I have been unable to get anything done with this blog. I will have a preview of next weeks game coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment