Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Reaction from week 2

First off, I made a huge mistake when I let others think for me instead of doing the instinctive thing and doing what I thought was right. that being said, I take ownership of my actions and I will think harder on how to setup my team next week. This is how my team shook out before everything took a dive on Saturday. As I noted last week, I was having issues with who to choose for my lineup, and I choose not to pickup Marshall and ultimately not Fitzpatrick, because for some reason choose Locker because I thought the Cowboys D would stick that day, but obviously I was on that too. I also thought that Colston would have a good day and same goes for Floyd, which everybody said was going ot have a good game (which in hindsight, without Palmer, was HUGE mistake, and therefore should have at least had Marshall in the lineup.) So yeah......BIG mistake on the people I should have picked to be in my starting lineup. Marshal goes off for 22 points and because pf that, Cutler goes off for 25, too bad I didnt know Marshall was going to play, otherwise i would have put him in instead of Colston. Then I underestimate the power of the Bengals D and the Bills Offense, and didnt trust the D I drafted to perform like I thought they should. That was an 12 point swing there too. So those 3 moves (Cutler, Marshall, and Bengals D/ST) would have gotten me all but the last 7 points I would have needed to win the match, but I guess I messed up. Better luck this week for me. The one other thing I would have done was move Jennings into the lineup over Floyd, but that would have taken be by surprise because I would have had to know that Colston wouldnt have scored any points in that game. Therefore the best I really could have done was lose by 5 points.

Scoring ----------Actual--Projected

QB -- Locker ------ 9 --- 18
RB -- Bernard ----- 22 -- 17
RB -- Bell ---------- 7 --- 5
WR -- Jackson ----- 5 -- 13
WR -- Colston ----- 0 -- 13
TE -- Bennett ------ 9 -- 9
FLEX -- Floyd ----- 1 -- 6
D/ST -- Dolphins -- -1! - 7
K -- Nugent --------- 3 -- 10
Total -----------------55-- 98

So yeah...this got ugly quick and i was mad for a morning but then I was better by the time the Monday night games came around. Only because I know I only have to make the top 10, and therefore only trust the people I drafted. Oh and BTW....I'm up shit creek with Peterson and his legal trouble. Therefore I am going waiver fishing and see what I can get for depth and pray that Marshall and Jackson will carry me through the year. And with that, this ends another week in review for my team and good luck with your team.

PS I had 2!!! Chances to trade AP for Forte and Gerhart before last week....too bad I didnt make the trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment