Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Reaction from Week 3

So things went as well as I could have hoped. I only scored 82 points but at least I scored more than my opponent. And that's all I can ask for, lol. I had the best lineup i could have put out except for 2 players. One was that Marshall didnt give me any points (which i couldnt have known but i wasnt going to let week 2 scare me off of using him) and I left Floyd on the bench and his 11 points and then Jennings and his 23 points were left on the bench (which I could have left him in the starting lineup instead of Ridley who i picked up earlier in the week), so ultimately I left 29 points on the bench, which could have given me 111 points and made me look better. I did win anyway and that's what matters. Best part of this is that Bennett came through and saved my ass with his 17 points, so I'm really loving picking him up from the waiver wire earlier in the year.



Adrian Peterson is still being a thorn in my side. On the bright side he hasnt hurt my team nearly as much as I feared he would, but then again he is just taking up another roster spot on my bench. So I still need to wager weather he will be back this year or not. I will wait 2 more week to hear because there is not enough help out there on the waiver wire to do any good for my team. I'm still not feeling good about Jackson on my team still and i'm trying to find ways to package him and ship him off for other help.



I am really enjoying this family league thing, I'm not going to win it all but it is fun to match wits with everyone and see who is really paying attention and whatnot. Maybe i can package him and Ridley for Lacy or someone else. Or maybe I can do something else during the next few days, I'll have to text a few people.




One thing that has really been helping me quite a bit with my team (although i am only 1-2, it has prevented my team from absolutely bombing) is that I have been listening to the Fantasy Focus podcast that is hosted my Matthew Berry on ESPN. I really enjoy his insight as I've read his articles for years on the ESPN website but I have only been listening to his podcast for the last month or so.


Included below is the box score of my team from last week, i'll try and include something about my bench next time, but only if it seems relevant to the final score of the matchup.






STARTERS
SLOTPLAYER, TEAM POSOPPSTATUS ETPTS
QBJay Cutler, Chi QB W 27-1916
RBGiovani Bernard, Cin RB W 33-716
RBStevan Ridley, NE RB W 16-95
WRBrandon Marshall, Chi WR  Q W 27-190
WRVincent Jackson, TB WR  P L 14-567
TEMartellus Bennett, Chi TE W 27-1917
FLEXJoique Bell, Det RB  Q W 19-73
D/STBengals D/ST D/ST W 33-711
KMatt Bryant, Atl K W 56-147

                                                                                                      Total: 82



No comments:

Post a Comment